Social media accounts for a HUGE percentage of customer conversions and brand awareness. But only if you do it well.
It can take (what feels like) forever to build a solid relationship with customers. It can take even longer to garner respect in the business community. Social media gives you that leg up you need to slam both. It helps people “get” what you and your biz have to offer (with minimal investment).
- You have a comprehensive strategy that draws customers towards your offerings.
- You share regular, relevant content with your audience.
- You get creative with your postings.
- You engage. You don’t just tweet and run.
- You tailor your approach to reach different demographics.
- You respond to every single mention, comment or questions.
But then, I’m guessing you already know that, and that’s why you’re here.
Lea’s social media knowledge is second to none and we have found her a beacon of light, clarity and great value in an industry sometimes lacking in all three of those. We would unreservedly recommend Lea Rice to anyone seeking a clear head and a stellar approach to social media management and content creation – she is efficient, reliable and a pleasure to work with, and above all, she gets great results.
Lea excelled in her time with us and she’s grown into a real thought leader in the field of social and digital. I would not hesitate to collaborate with her in the future.
You may crave consistent content, strategic postings and up levelled engagement… but you also want to keep your business running. THAT is where you hit the road bump. You have other stuff to focus on. Social drops down to the bottom of your list.
Fannying around of Facebook can seem like an epic waste of time.
And if it’s not your “thing” it can be pretty dull. Social media doesn’t get everyone as giddy as me, and that’s ok. You don’t have to love responding to every damn query, but you still know that customer engagement is the bread and butter of every business. Including yours.
Maybe you’re sick of trying to figure out what to share online.
Maybe you just want the results everyone else seems to be getting.
Maybe you have no time to fix the lacklustre content getting you down.
Maybe you just can’t get out of your head long enough to get going.
Sounds like you need a feather-clad redhead on side.
Well I’m glad you asked.
My approach to social media involves a fruity little combo of content creation and community management. Output without engagement will get you nowhere (and vice versa).
In other words, I…
- Plan exciting, brand-aligned content for each of your social channels.
- Source high-quality image and video content to keep each of those feeds looking dynamic.
- Sprinkle every update with pizazz, polish, and that pro touch (all in your brand voice).
- Schedule consistent, well-paced posts (just to show how truly trustworthy you are).
- Take control of customer service, and deal with every single comment, question and query… so you don’t have to.